Dr. Gerard Farrell, MD
Dr. Gerard Farrell has been taking care of cancer patients in St. John’s for more than 25 years.
He began this career as a general practitioner in oncology at the H. Bliss Murphy Cancer Centre, and now offers After Cancer Care to patients who have completed their care at HBMCC. He is currently involved in curriculum development with Memorial’s Office of Professional Education and Development. He has also been involved in postgraduate medical education and has supervised graduate students in the faculties of Medicine, Computer Science, and Pharmacy. On June 3, 2023, Dr. Farrell was installed as the 98th President of the Newfoundland and Labrador Medical Association.
The 2022 President’s Tour will use a hybrid approach, with a mix of in-person and virtual meetings. As with previous years, meetings will still be offered based on geographic locations so that physicians have an opportunity to share their thoughts and raise any region-specific issues for discussion.
The NLMA President’s Tour provides members throughout the province with an
- Meet their current NLMA President as well as the Executive Director of the Association
- Receive an update on the implementation of the new MOA
- Receive an update on the ongoing work to address the crisis in family medicine
- Receive an update on other important issues and what the Association will be working on in the future
- Identify their own local questions or concerns
- Network with colleagues and friends practising in the same area
All members are strongly encouraged to attend this annual opportunity to actively participate in the work of
Dates and communities are listed below, as well as the four virtual meetings associated with the four regional health authorities (RHAs).